This Thanksgiving we’ll be driving everywhere, so forgive me in advance for not posting this weekend at all. Lakeland to Valdosta — Valdosta to Athens — Athens to Stone Mountain — Stone Mountain to White, GA to Atlanta — Atlanta back to Lakeland — Lose Mind.
So for this Thanksgiving, since this is the year of turning 30 and wishing big and being grateful for blessings, here’s my top 10 list of things to be thankful for this year:
10. I didn’t die this past year!
9. I make enough money to live comfortably.
8. I have opportunities after opportunities after opportunities here that I’ve waited forever to fall in my lap.
7. I am healthy. Chronic back pain aside, I’m healthier than I’ve been in a long time.
6. The friends I have are the most amazing people I will ever hope to know in my lifetime. They continue to amaze me and challenge me in ways that I don’t even see coming.
5. My nieces. They are the most beautiful, bubbly, surprising little people, and I can’t wait to see what the next year brings as they continue to learn and explore this world.
4. Floyd. Floyd is seriously the bomb. He makes me laugh, he melts my heart, and I care more deeply for this dog than I ever thought feelings could go.
3. My family. They are incredible people who keep getting more incredible as the years go by. Thank you for supporting me and my choices because your support means the world to me.
2. Timmy. Oh Timmy. What can I say about you that hasn’t already been said before? Are you a major pain in my ass sometimes? Absolutely. Does your obsession with Auburn baffle me? You betcha. Can I guarantee that I’m in it to win it with you? 100%. I love you. You have taught me how to become a better person through challenging me and never keeping it boring. I’m so thankful for you, even on the days I want to strangle with you, I’m thankful that you’re my partner.
1. My faith that things happen if you believe they will happen. If you trust yourself and you control the things you can control, amazing things will happen to you. If your faith is in a higher power, believe. But also have faith in yourself, that you can get to where you want to go, that you will get what you want in life because you believe that you deserve it. I’m thankful that I believe I’m worth it.
Be thankful for something and everything this year. Happy Thanksgiving y’all!